Thursday, July 10, 2008

Runaway Anne Experience



So as I was contemplating some major changes in my life (where I should move, what I should do, etc), my roomie Melissa asked me well, what do you like? And I kind of just sat there with no answer. And then I responded, that I am very influenced and a lot of the times, I end up liking what the people in my life like. Wow, what a realization! So Melissa had the brilliant idea to have me watch the movie, Runaway Bride, where Julia Roberts plays this woman who runs away from her groom on numerous occasions, mostly because she really had no clue what she wanted. Richard Gere, who plays the reporter in the movie interviews her victims and when asked the question, What type of eggs did she like?, each groom responded with the type of egg they liked. What a surprise, Julia never knew what she liked and ended up liking the same type of egg her groom liked. Simple story but strong point, because... this is totally me. And my dear thoughtful roommate Melissa not only watched the movie with me, but also cooked six different types of eggs and well I spent that morning figuring out my favorite type of egg. Too not much surprise, I ended up eating them all and actually liking each type, but I decided that my favorite was BAKED. Woo hoo, I now know my favorite way of cooking eggs. And although this did not solve all life's questions, nor did it answer any of my questions of where to move and what to do with my life, well what it did do, was inspire me to take charge of my life, to make it my own and to discover me. And well like I said before, my adventure has begun and this is just the beginning. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jesse. said...

Awwws, your roommate sounds so sweet! :D

Anonymous said...

Hey My Annie, I'm glad to hear you made it home safely. And what an awesome blog! Keep me updated :)Love yah!!

Unknown said...

Oh how sweet of Melissa to do that. It surprised me a little about you though. I always admired you because you always seemed like you knew what you wanted/what you liked. And I tend to be the person who likes what those around her like. Anyways, I love you and I'm excited to read about your adventures!