Thursday, July 10, 2008

Leaving Las Vegas (sniff...sniff)

I remember 4 yrs ago I went for a run my first week in Vegas and I was listening to the following lyrics from a Tom Petty song. (Well it started out down a dirty road. Started out all alone. And the sun went down and I crossed the hill. And the town lit up and the world got still. I'm learning to fly...) I remember thinking, wow what a town and how different and how small I felt in that crazy place called Las Vegas. I had no clue what to expect. Well 4 years later and I have so much to take with me. I am so thankful for the people and experiences that were shared in Vegas.

I have decided to become a professional mover, because for the last 2 weeks in Vegas, I had more adventures, nights out, and meals with friends then I had the entire time I lived there:) It is so true, that you really don't know how much you have until its too late. I was able to have one last butt kickin' with my bootcamp friends, said goodbye to friends from old jobs, friends from church, family, current and old roommates, coworkers. I went hiking, rode a harley, pool partied it up, went to shows on the strip, cliff jumped, wake boarded, went bowling, ate at just about every restaurant in town and pretty much enjoyed life.


I wish I could write a personal message to each and EVERYONE of you to thank you for the impact you have made in my life. I have met so many wonderful people and I know I was supposed to cross paths with each one of you and I would not have had it any different. I hope to always be friends and I thank you all for the love you have shared with me. I will miss you all. And please come visit!!! By the way, I have sooo many memories and they can not all be captured here and so many people have made my years in Vegas unforgettable and I will forever remember them in my heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Anne. I was almost in tears reading your post. You are so wonderful and I will miss you so much!