Sunday, July 20, 2008

One to Many Carnival Rides...

So this weekend, I went to visit my lovely sister Katie and her family (Brent, Brenna, Julyn, Cosco, and P) We hit up the Iriquois County Fair and jokingly as I left for this eventful weekend, I was in search for some cowboy boots - as hello what better place to meet my cowboy, then at a county fair. So agenda for the day (ride some rides, eat some greasy food, find me a cowboy, watch some loud trucks, smell the pigs, and maybe stop by and pet the animals). Sounds glamorous. Well the day started out nice and humid. After parking and tromping through some mud to get that treasured green band which allows you to ride unlimited for five hours, well I could hardly wait. Plus I had my two nieces by my side geared to go. First stop, the funny house, where those mirrors actually made me look half decent and I banged into a few glass doors and made my way down a slide, that was slightly too small for me. Off to the twirling one, which wasn't that bad. So I was feeling extra dare devilish and yep I took on the wipe-out screaming and all. And no I did not back down, watch out 100 nights ride that goes in a circle, while I am on it. Oh, but then there came that darn dizzy dragon ride which you controlled the speed by your turn, kind of like the tea cups at disneyland. Well to impress my beautiful little nieces I decided to spin quick and make us dizzy. Thing about this sweet dragon ride, well we were confined and there was no breathing room. I think the combination of the limited breathing space, the layer of sweat caused from the excessive turning of the wheel plus the % of humidity, and well this being the 8th or so, spinning ride in a row, needless to say I didnt feel so hot. Oh but wouldn't you think those sweet spinning swings would cool you off. Well not so much... Yep I ended up getting sick at a carnival and couldn't ride again that day. Oh but don't you worry, the old Anne came back strong and took on a corn dog and some pizza and bread sticks and even managed to pet some goats and bunnies along the way. I even got to watch the truck and tractor pull. So my cowboy didn't find me... oh but don't you worry, I'll be back. Thanks to Katie, Brent, Brenna and Julyn - I had a blast and I love you all. Oh and Brent one thing for you.... FOREVER!!!

1 comment:

Bonny said...

Hello Anne!! I was so excited to see that you have a blog. You can check out mine too if you want. So, how are you? I miss you! Hope you are doing well. :)